The Board of Trustees is seeking a faculty member to serve a two-year term on the newly created Research, Innovation & Strategic Partnerships committee. The University Senate faculty leaders and the executive committee of Faculty Council will create a short list of nominees for the board. Faculty who are interested in serving in this role should meet the qualifications for the position:
- The faculty member shall have a broad knowledge of the university, and an appreciation for trans-institutional/interdisciplinary work, entrepreneurship, and technology commercialization.
- The faculty member shall have experience in university governance and/or administration (e.g., chair of a major university committee or chair of a department).
- The faculty member shall have a strong track record of success in research or creative expression and be able to represent multiple research perspectives.
- The faculty member shall have an awareness of the research reputation and mission of the university within the state of Ohio and within the context of higher education nationally and globally.
- The faculty member shall have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong ethic of maintaining confidentiality of sensitive or proprietary information.
Please nominate faculty who meet these qualifications that you would like to have considered for this appointment. Senate faculty leadership will narrow the field of candidates to 3-5 faculty, and the board will conduct interviews and select the representative.
Nominations should be sent by Friday, May 21, to email@example.com. Nominees will need to submit a one-page statement of interest and qualifications, and a curriculum vitae, to be considered.