3335-5-48.10 Faculty hearing committee.
The faculty hearing committee shall consist of twenty-four tenured members of the faculty selected by the faculty council. Each elected person shall serve a four-year term as a regular member followed by a one-year term as an alternate member.
(B) Duties and responsibilities.
(1) Conduct hearings on appeals by respondents charged under rule 3335-5-04 of the Administrative Code following the procedures of paragraph (H) of this rule.
(2) Conduct hearings on complaints of alleged improper evaluation based upon reasons or considerations that infringe a constitutional right of the complainant following procedures of paragraph (C)(4) of rule 3335-5-05 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Conduct hearings on allegations of improper evaluation based upon inadequate consideration of the pertinent facts by the individual(s) making the decision following procedures of paragraph (C)(5) of rule 3335-5-05 of the Administrative Code.
(4) Conduct hearings on an appeal of a tenured, non-probationary clinical, or research faculty member because of termination of appointment during financial exigency following procedures of paragraph (B) of rule 3335-5-02.3 of the Administrative Code.
(1) The chair shall select three members of the committee to sit on each hearing panel. If disqualifications or case loading should require their service, alternates may be assigned to hearing panels.
(2) The chair of the hearing committee shall rule on any objection by any party to the proceedings that a member of the panel should be replaced because of a relationship to one of the parties, a prior or current involvement with the facts or issues, or personal bias which may introduce prejudice.
(3) A panel member or alternate may recuse himself or herself for any of the reasons stated in paragraph (C)(2) of rule 3334-5-48.10 of the Administrative Code.
(4) A hearing panel shall select as presiding officer who shall have responsibility to direct the proceedings of the panel, and to advise panel members on such university rules and procedures as the panel members may deem necessary. The presiding officer shall be a member of the panel and faculty hearing committee.
(5) As a standing committee of the senate, this committee is also governed by the provisions of rules 3335-5-46 and 3335-5-48 of the Administrative Code.