|Mohamed Yousif||Faculty Council||2024|
|Rachel Childers||Faculty Council||2024|
|Niru Nahar||Faculty Council||2024|
|Sophia Jeong||Faculty Council||2025|
|Lucille Toth||Faculty Council||2025|
|Robin Judd||Faculty Council||2026|
|Ramsey Piazza||Staff (USAC)||2024|
|Jacob Decot||Staff (USAC)||2025|
|Wendy Smooth||Provost / Designee (Non-Voting)|
|AVP OHR / Designee (Non-Voting)|
|Tanya Menon||Prior Years Chair (Non-Voting)|
Rule 3335-5-48.16 Diversity Committee
The diversity committee shall consist of seventeen members.
- Nine faculty.
- Six faculty selected by the faculty council.
- Two faculty appointed by the president.
- The past-chair of the committee, non-voting.
- Three students.
- One graduate student.
- One professional student.
- One undergraduate student.
- Three staff members.
- Two staff members selected by the university staff advisory committee. The term of service is three years.
- One staff member appointed by the president. The term of service is three years.
- Two administrators, non-voting.
- The executive vice president and provost or designee.
- The associate vice president for human resources or designee.
The committee shall study issues that relate to the implementation of the university nondiscriminatory policy. It shall recommend policies that foster an environment of civility, tolerance, and mutual respect. It shall perform the following functions with appropriate administrative support from the office of academic affairs and the office of human resources.
- Study and evaluate issues affecting diversity from an overall university perspective.
- Be informed on external requirements on the university affecting diversity.
- Advise the president, the executive vice president and provost, the associate vice president for human resources, and the vice president for student life about the institutional climate, policies, and priorities for ensuring justice, fairness, and equitable treatment to all members of the university.
- Educate and inform the university community on issues of diversity, including the letter and spirit of all Ohio and federal rules regarding members of protected classes.
- Oversee administration of university affirmative action grants and awards.
- Report annually to the university senate.
- The committee shall elect a chair from among its voting members.
- As a standing committee of the senate, this committee is also governed by the provisions of rules 3335-5-46 and 3335-5-48 of the Administrative Code.
(Board approval dates: 7/12/1996, 4/3/1998, 12/4/1998, 6/1/2001, 7/6/2005, 5/14/2010, 6/6/2014, 5/31/2019)