|Lyda Garcia||Faculty Council||2021|
|Weidong Li||Faculty Council||2021|
|Esperanza Carcache De Blanco||Faculty Council||2021|
|Amy Darragh||Faculty Council||2020|
|Jacob Risinger||Faculty Council||2019|
|Laureen Smith||Faculty Council||2019|
|Elizabeth Painter||USG (Regional)||2019|
|Lane Washington||VP, Office of Student Life||2019|
|Justin Khol||VP, Office of Student Life (Regional)||2019|
|Chase Moore||VP, Office of Student Life Staff (Non-Voting)||2019|
|Matt Couch||Director Student Activities / Designee (Non-Voting)|
|D'Andra Mull||AVP, Office of Student Life (Non-Voting)|
|Javaune Adams-Gaston||VP, Office of Student LIfe (Non-Voting)|
Rules / Responsibilities
The council on student affairs shall consist of twenty-two members.
(1) Six tenure-track faculty, at least two of whom are members of the senate. The term of service begins in summer session.
(2) Ten students. The term of service begins in summer session.
(a) Three graduate students.
(b) Two professional students.
(c) Four undergraduate students. Two of these students shall have a term of service of one year. Two of these students shall have a term of service of two years, with one student selected each year.
(d) One student from a regional campus selected by the undergraduate student government.
(3) Three staff members, appointed by the vice president for student life. The term of service begins in summer session.
(a) One non-voting student affairs staff member to act as the secretary for the council. The term of service is one year.
(b) A student affairs staff member from a regional campus. The term of service is one year.
(c) A college office student affairs staff member. The term of service is one year.
(4) Three administrators, non-voting.
(a) The vice president for student life or designee.
(b) The associate vice president for student life for planning and student development.
(c) The director of student activities or designee.
Members of the council on student affairs may have an alternate. The alternate shall be selected in the same manner as the original appointment. The chair has responsibility for recording correct voting status. If the member has voting status, the alternate may vote in the event of the member's absence.
(1) Initiate recommendations and review proposals with regard to policies which may affect the quality of student life.
(2) Make regulations pursuant to the rules of the university faculty, the bylaws, and the statutes, insofar as they pertain to the quality of student life.
(3) Advise the vice president for student life regarding the programs, services, and activities of the division.
(4) Establish study groups, committees, and other mechanisms as needed to explore issues affecting the quality of student life and make recommendations regarding these issues to the vice president for student life, the senate, and other appropriate groups.
(5) Advise other university departments and administrative units regarding proposed changes within those departments and units that may affect student rights and responsibilities.
(6) Approve policies that govern the registration, rights, privileges, and obligations of student organizations, including but not limited to fraternities and sororities, student publications, and student government. This responsibility may be delegated by the council to appropriate committees or administrative agencies.
(7) Serve as a channel of communication for the work of all other committees, permanent and ad hoc, that address issues within the domain of the council on student affairs and establish mechanisms by which such committees report regularly to the council on student affairs and through it to the university senate.
(8) Conduct periodic reviews of the application of the Code of student conduct. Recommend to the senate any proposed changes to the Code of student conduct.
(9) Serve as the sole administrative body for any student activity fees. This responsibility may be delegated by the council to appropriate committees or administrative agencies.
(1) The chair shall be elected from among the incoming and continuing student members of the committee during the last meeting of spring semester. For purposes of this election, all incoming and continuing members shall be eligible to vote; incoming and continuing members may choose alternates if necessary.
(2) The council shall establish operating procedures to conduct, in an orderly fashion, the functions of the council.
(3) As a standing committee of the senate, this council is also governed by the provisions of rules 3335-5-46 and 3335-5-48 of the Administrative Code.
(Board approval dates: 5/1/1986, 2/5/1988, 11/2/1990, 7/12/1991, 2/4/1993, 7/9/1993, 11/4/1994, 6/2/1995, 5/3/1996, 4/3/1998, 6/4/1999, 6/29/2001, 12/6/2004, 6/4/2004, 3/4/2005, 6/7/2005, 5/14/2010, 6/6/2014)