|Jared Gardner||Faculty Council||2021|
|Ken Lee||Faculty Council||2021|
|Sara Watson||Faculty Council||2021|
|Sarah Moore||Faculty Council||2020|
|Amy Ferketich||Faculty Council||2020|
|Terry Esper||Faculty Council||2020|
|Ben Givens||Senate Secretary|
Rule 3335-5-47.3 Rules Committee
The rules committee shall consist of eleven members.
- Six faculty senators appointed by the executive committee of the faculty council
- Three students.
- One graduate student.
- One professional student.
- One undergraduate student.
- One staff senator, appointed by the university staff advisory committee.
- One administrator. The secretary of the university senate.
- Be responsible, in cooperation with the secretary of the university senate, for the monitoring of the "Rules of the University Faculty" and of all statutes and bylaws pertaining to the senate.
- Ensure that all published rules and bylaws within the senate's purview are up to date, and recommend their republication at such intervals as may be desirable.
- Make recommendations for the revision of the procedural rules of the senate.
- Before senate action, the committee shall receive all proposed new rules and changes in existing rules. It shall review them and recommend such editorial or other changes it deems necessary to avoid conflict with other rules, to enhance clarity and precision, and to avoid ambiguity.
- Initiate rules or changes in existing rules and recommend them to the steering committee for scheduling for senate action.
As an organizing committee of the senate, this committee is also governed by the provisions of rules 3335-5-46 and 3335-5-47 of the Administrative Code.
(Board approval dates: 5/1/1986, 7/11/1986, 2/5/1988, 2/4/1993, 11/4/1994, 5/3/1996, 2/2/2001, 6/7/2005, 5/14/2010, 6/6/2014, 5/31/2019)