|Cinnamon Carlarne||Faculty Council||2023|
|Rita Pickler||Faculty Council||2023|
|Brian Focht||Faculty Council||2023|
|Mara Frazier||Faculty Council||2023|
|Susan Cole||Faculty Council||2024|
|Priyamvada Singh||Faculty Council||2025|
|Leigh Bonds||Faculty Council||2025|
|Shaurya Prakash||Faculty Council||2025|
|Amit Sharma||Faculty Council||2025|
|Ahmet Ayan||Faculty Council||2025|
|Daniel Gallego Perez||Faculty Council||2025|
|Sunny Zong||Research Staff||2022|
|Emily Bowman||Postdoc (non-voting)|
|Harald Vaessin||Senate Fiscal Committee Chair|
|Mary Stromberger||Dean, Graduate School (non-voting)|
|Peter Mohler||SVP, Research (non-voting)|
Rule 3335-5-48.14 University Research Committee
The committee shall consist of twenty-one voting and four non-voting members.
- Fifteen faculty members drawn from no less than eight colleges. Faculty with joint appointments across colleges may be chosen to represent either college. The term of service is three years.
- Eleven faculty members appointed by the executive committee of faculty council, at least three of whom are members of the senate and at least one of whom is a distinguished university professor or Ohio eminent scholar or National Academy member, and at least two of whom are non-tenure-track (clinical, research faculty).
- Four faculty members appointed by the president.
- One research scientist, or comparable staff member engaged in research, appointed by the vice president for research. The term of service is three years.
- Four students appointed by the respective governing bodies to one-year terms.
- Two graduate students.
- One undergraduate student.
- One professional student.
- One post-doc appointed by the Ohio state university postdoctoral association (OSU PDA). The term of service is one year.
- Four non-voting ex-officio members or designees.
- The senior vice-president for research.
- The dean of the graduate school.
- The senate fiscal committee chair.
- One post-doc appointed by the OSU PDA.
- The committee may vote to add any individual to a non-voting advisory role on an annual basis.
- Encourage and stimulate scholarly research and creative activity and foster a close relationship between education and scholarly research.
- Advise the vice president for research.
- Review, on a continuing basis, the policies and practices governing the conduct of research and scholarly activity.
- Coordinate with the governing bodies of the graduate school and with the office of undergraduate research.
- Make recommendations concerning the establishment, affiliation or abolition of centers or comparable organization that are primarily engaged in research.
- Collaborate in reviews of the budget of the office of research undertaken by the senate fiscal committee.
- Work with the Office of Research Compliance and others to select faculty to serve on the Research Integrity Standing Committee (RISC), which will implement the University's policies and practices related to research misconduct.
- The committee shall annually elect a chair from its regular faculty membership in the spring semester preceding the academic year of service for no more than three consecutive one-year terms.
- As a standing committee of the senate, this committee is also governed by the provisions of rules 3335-5-46 and 3335-5-48 of the Administrative Code.
(Board approval dates: 6/7/1991, 11/4/1994, 5/3/1996, 5/3/2002, 5/7/2004, 6/7/2005, 7/13/2007, 5/14/2010, 6/6/2014, 5/31/2019)