|Thaddeus Ezeji||Faculty Council||2022|
|Eric Johnson||Faculty Council||2022|
|William Minozzi||Faculty Council||2022|
|Jan Lang||Faculty Council||2022|
|Abigail Norris Turner||Faculty Council||2022|
|Cinnamon Carlarne||Faculty Council||2022|
|Purnima Kumar||Faculty Council||2021|
|Joseph Heremans||Faculty Council||2021|
|Melissa Bailey||Faculty Council||2020|
|Andrea Grottoli||Faculty Council||2020|
|Zhong-Lin Lu||Faculty Council||2020|
|Sunny Zong||Research Staff||2022|
|Brian Turner||Senate Fiscal Committee Chair|
|Alicia Bertone||Dean, Graduate School (non-voting)|
|Morley Stone||SVP, Research (non-voting)|
Rules / Responsibilities
The committee shall consist of twenty-one voting and four non-voting members.
- Fifteen faculty members drawn from no less than eight colleges. Faculty with joint appointments across colleges may be chosen to represent either college. The term of service is three years.
- Eleven faculty members appointed by the executive committee of faculty council, at least three of whom are members of the senate and at least one of whom is a distinguished university professor or Ohio eminent scholar or National Academy member, and at least two of whom are non-tenure-track (clinical, research faculty).
- Four faculty members appointed by the president.
- One research scientist, or comparable staff member engaged in research, appointed by the vice president for research. The term of service is three years.
- Four students appointed by the respective governing bodies to one-year terms.
- Two graduate students.
- One undergraduate student.
- One professional student.
- One post-doc appointed by the Ohio state university postdoctoral association (OSU PDA). The term of service is one year.
- Four non-voting ex-officio members or designees.
- The senior vice-president for research.
- The dean of the graduate school.
- The senate fiscal committee chair.
- One post-doc appointed by the OSU PDA.
- The committee may vote to add any individual to a non-voting advisory role on an annual basis.
- Encourage and stimulate scholarly research and creative activity and foster a close relationship between education and scholarly research.
- Advise the vice president for research.
- Review, on a continuing basis, the policies and practices governing the conduct of research and scholarly activity.
- Coordinate with the governing bodies of the graduate school and with the office of undergraduate research.
- Make recommendations concerning the establishment, affiliation or abolition of centers or comparable organization that are primarily engaged in research.
- Collaborate in reviews of the budget of the office of research undertaken by the senate fiscal committee.
- The committee shall annually elect a chair from its regular faculty membership in the spring semester preceding the academic year of service for no more than three consecutive one-year terms.
- As a standing committee of the senate, this committee is also governed by the provisions of rules 3335-5-46 and 3335-5-48 of the Administrative Code.
(Board approval dates: 6/7/1991, 11/4/1994, 5/3/1996, 5/3/2002, 5/7/2004, 6/7/2005, 7/13/2007, 5/14/2010, 6/6/2014, 5/31/2019)