|Carmen DiGiovine||Faculty Council||2022|
|Joerg Jinschek||Faculty Council||2022|
|Daniel Gallego-Perez||Faculty Council||2022|
|Vijay Pancholi||Faculty Council||2024|
|Pelagia Gouma||Faculty Council||2024|
|Scott Osborne||VP, Economic and Corporate Engagement|
|Randy Moses||VP, Research|
Rule 3335-5-48.19 Committee on Intellectual Property, Patents, and Copyrights
- Eight faculty members: four tenured faculty, two probationary tenure-track faculty, and two non-tenure track faculty from any of the categories. Each member is to serve three years with one-third of the members rotating off each year.
- Five faculty members appointed by the executive committee of faculty council.
- Three faculty members appointed by the university president in consultation with faculty leadership.
- One graduate student.
- Two administrators (or their designees).
- The vice president for technology commercialization.
- The vice president for research.
- Review, recommend, and advise the university senate on matters relating to the university policy on intellectual property, patents, and copyright and faculty rules 3335-13-06 and 3335-13-07 of the Administrative Code.
- Convene at least twice per year to review the procedures used in implementing and administering the university policy on intellectual property, patents and copyrights, and where deemed necessary, develop and recommend changes in standards and procedures to the vice president for technology commercialization, the vice president for research, the executive vice president and provost, and other appropriate officers of the university.
- Consult with the vice president for technology commercialization, the vice president for research when requested.
- Serve as a board to which a researcher may appeal actions of the vice president for technology commercialization, subject to appropriate review of the standards and procedures contained in the policy on patents and copyrights.
- The chair shall be elected from among the continuing faculty members of the committee each spring.
- As a standing committee of the senate, this council is also governed by the provisions of rules 3335-5-46 and 3335-5-48 of the Administrative Code.
(Board approval date: 4/4/2014)