|Mary Rodriguez||Faculty Council||2021|
|Rebeka Campos-Astorkiza||Faculty Council||2020|
|*||Dean of Graduate School / Designee|
|Natasha Caines||VP, Office of Human Resources / Designee|
|*||VP Office of Research / Designee|
Rules / Responsibilities
The graduate associate compensation and benefits committee shall consist of eleven voting members.
(1) Six funded graduate students, one of whom preferably will be a member of the graduate council and one of whom must be a member of the university senate. Each shall have a term of service of one year with reappointment to consecutive terms encouraged.
(a) There shall be at least one current or former graduate teaching associate.
(b) There shall be at least one current or former graduate research associate.
(c) There shall be at least one current or former graduate administrative associate.
(d) There shall be at least one current or former fellowship recipient.
(2) Two faculty.
(a) One faculty member from, and selected by, the graduate council.
(b) One faculty member, who is also a senator, selected by the executive committee of faculty council.
(3) Three administrators.
(a) The dean of the graduate school, or designee.
(b) The vice president for human resources, or designee.
(c) The vice president for research, or designee.
(4) One department, school, center or college-level staff member with extensive fiscal and budgetary experience and expertise, selected by the executive deans in consultation with the senior fiscal officers, non-voting.
(5) Additional non-voting members and consultants from the university, serving at the discretion of the voting members of the committee.
(1) Study the adequacy and other attributes of the university's policies and provisions including stipends, outside professional services, and supplemental compensation.
(2) Conduct research and provide advice on economic support of graduate associates, professional development, quality and design of benefit programs, and appointment terms.
(3) Make recommendations to the university senate, the graduate council, the graduate school, and the office of academic affairs as appropriate.
(1) The committee shall annually elect a chair from its regular student membership.
(2) As a standing committee of the senate, this committee is also governed by the provisions of rules 3335-5-46 and 3335-5-48 of the Administrative Code.
(Board approval dates: 5/6/2005, 4/6/2007, 2/10/2012)