|Nicole Kraft||Faculty Council||2022|
|Teng Leng Ooi||Faculty Council||2022|
|Emily Buck||Faculty Council||2021|
|Neelam Soundarajan||Faculty Council||2021|
|Avraham Benatar||Faculty Council||2020|
|Celia Wills||Faculty Council||2020|
|Jim Fowler||Faculty Council||2020|
|Julie Fox||Faculty Council||2020|
|Sarah Dawson||Staff Member - USAC||2020|
|Shari Speer||Grad School Dean / Designee|
|Damon Jaggars||Libraries Director|
|Liv Gjestvang||AVP, Distance Education|
Rules / Responsibilites
The council on distance education, libraries and information technology shall consist of sixteen members.
(1) Eight faculty, at least seven tenure-track faculty.
(2) Three students.
(a) One graduate student.
(b) One professional student.
(c) One undergraduate student.
(3) Four administrators (or their designees).
(a) The dean of the graduate school.
(b) The director of libraries.
(c) The chief information officer.
(d) The associate vice president for distance education.
(4) One staff member, appointed by the University Staff Advisory Council.
(1) Formulate policies governing the delivery of distance education and educational and research activities and services of libraries and information technology.
(2) Assist in the interpretation of distance education, library, and information technology services to the university community.
(3) Assist in the presentation of major distance education, library and information technology needs to the university administration.
(4) Advise the appropriate administrative office on the appointment of the associate vice president for distance education, the director of university libraries, and the chief information officer.
(1) The chair shall be elected from among the voting members of the council.
(2) Reports by this council to the president, other than those made through the senate, shall be made through the executive vice president and provost.
(3) As a standing committee of the senate, this council is also governed by the provisions of rules 3335-5-46 and 3335-5-48 of the Administrative Code.
(Board approval dates: 5/1/1986, 2/5/1988, 11/2/1990, 2/4/1993, 11/4/1994, 5/3/1996, 4/4/1997, 12/4/1998, 7/12/2002, 6/7/2005, 9/9/2011, 4/4/2014)