|Mike Hogan||Faculty Council||2022|
|Terry Esper||Faculty Council||2022|
|Kari Hoyt||Faculty Council||2022|
|Enrico Bonello||Faculty Council||2023|
|Susan Cole||Faculty Council||2023|
|Jared Gardner||Faculty Council||2023|
|Ken Lee||Faculty Council Chair||2022|
|Jacob Chang||USG President||2022|
|Anna Valerius||USG Vice President||2022|
|Nick Messenger||CGS President||2022|
|Shivani Patel||IPC President||2022|
|Steven Loborec||Chair, USAC||2022|
|Tom Gregoire||Dean, Presidential|
|Michael Papadakis||SVP, Business & Finance|
|Ben Givens||Senate Secretary (Non-Voting)|
|Amy Darragh||Faculty Council Chair-Elect (Non-Voting)|
|Laurel Van Dromme||Chair-Elect, USAC (Non-Voting)|
Rule 3335-5-47.1 Steering Committee
The steering committee shall consist of eighteen members.
- Fifteen voting members.
- Six faculty members elected by faculty council as specified in the faculty council bylaws.
- The chair of faculty council. The chair-elect of the faculty council shall have full voting privileges if the chair cannot attend.
- Four student representatives.
- The president of the council of graduate students. The vice president of the council of graduate students or another designee who is a member of the university senate may attend steering committee meetings with full voting privileges if the president cannot attend.
- The president of the inter-professional council. The vice president of the inter-professional council or another designee who is a member of the university senate may attend steering committee meetings with full voting privileges if the president cannot attend.
- The president of the undergraduate student government. The vice president of the undergraduate student government or another designee who is a member of the university senate may attend steering committee meetings with full voting privileges if the president cannot attend.
- An undergraduate student who is a member of the university senate and who is appointed by the vice president of the undergraduate student government.
- Three administrators.
- The executive vice president and provost.
- The senior vice president for business and finance.
- A dean appointed by the president.
- The chair of the university staff advisory committee. The chair-elect of the university staff advisory committee shall have full voting privileges if the chair cannot attend.
- Three nonvoting members.
- The secretary of the university senate.
- The chair-elect of faculty council.
- The chair-elect of the university staff advisory committee.
- Be the senate's committee on committees: the steering committee shall have the power to call, by vote of nine of its members, a special meeting of the senate, and shall have such power and duties as the senate may delegate to it during periods when the senate is not in session. It may create subcommittees and may delegate to them any of its powers, functions, and duties.
- Review the structure, operation, and effectiveness of the senate and its committees. It shall receive suggestions, review proposed rule changes, and initiate recommendations for change in the structure and operation of the senate, including structure, duties, and responsibilities of senate committees, without, however, in any way restricting the senate's authority to alter its operations by other means. The steering committee may also review other proposed rule changes prior to presentation to the senate.
- Serve as a channel of communication between the senate and the president and the board of trustees. Members shall be an advisory group available to both the president and the board of trustees for advice and counsel on any matter relating to the operation and development of the university. After consulting with the president, the members of the steering committee may request and obtain a meeting with the board of trustees.
- Meet at least once every year with the chair of each standing committee.
- For the period of time beginning with the election of steering committee members in spring semester and ending with the start of the autumn semester, the steering committee shall include its newly elected members as non-voting members.
- The committee shall annually elect a chair from its faculty membership.
- As an organizing committee of the senate, this committee is also governed by the provisions of rules 3335-5-46 and 3335-5-47 of the Administrative Code.
(Board approval dates: 5/1/1986, 7/11/1986, 2/5/1988, 4/7/1989, 11/2/1990, 11/4/1994, 5/3/1996, 4/4/1997, 12/4/1998, 6/7/2005, 5/14/2010, 6/7/2013, 6/5/2015, 5/31/2019)