|Enrico Bonello||Faculty Council||2023|
|Susan Cole||Faculty Council||2023|
|Jared Gardner||Faculty Council||2023|
|Valarie Williams||Faculty Council||2025|
|Jill Galvan||Faculty Council||2024|
|Vidya Raman||Faculty Council||2024|
|Caroline Clark||Faculty Council Chair||2023|
|Andrew Pierce||USG President||2023|
|Derek Moore||USG Vice President||2023|
|Jorge Clavo Abbass||CGS President||2023|
|Anthony Long||IPC President||2023|
|Laurel Van Dromme||Chair, USAC||2023|
|Kristina Johnson||University President|
|Lincoln Davies||Dean, Presidential||2024|
|Ben Givens||Senate Secretary (Non-Voting)|
|Scott Schricker||Faculty Council Chair-Elect (Non-Voting)|
|Debbie Pond||Chair-Elect, USAC (Non-Voting)|
Rule 3335-5-47.1 Steering Committee
The steering committee shall consist of eighteen members.
- Fifteen voting members.
- Six faculty members elected by faculty council as specified in the faculty council bylaws. Elected faculty members shall serve two-year terms and are eligible for immediate reelection or reappointment to a second term. Following that they are inegligible for reelection or reappointment until one full year has elapsed.
- The chair of faculty council. The chair-elect of the faculty council shall have full voting privileges if the chair cannot attend.
- Four student representatives.
- The president of the council of graduate students. The vice president of the council of graduate students or another designee who is a member of the university senate may attend steering committee meetings with full voting privileges if the president cannot attend.
- The president of the inter-professional council. The vice president of the inter-professional council or another designee who is a member of the university senate may attend steering committee meetings with full voting privileges if the president cannot attend.
- The president of the undergraduate student government. The vice president of the undergraduate student government or another designee who is a member of the university senate may attend steering committee meetings with full voting privileges if the president cannot attend.
- An undergraduate student who is a member of the university senate and who is appointed by the vice president of the undergraduate student government. The student shall serve a one-year term and are eligible for reappointment.
- Three administrators.
- The president of the university.
- The executive vice president and provost.
- A dean appointed by the president, who shall serve a two-year term and is eligible for immediate reelection or reappointment to a second term. Following that they are ineligible for reelection or reappointment until one full year has elapsed.
- The chair of the university staff advisory committee. The chair-elect of the university staff advisory committee shall have full voting privileges if the chair cannot attend.
- Three nonvoting members.
- The secretary of the university senate.
- The chair-elect of faculty council.
- The chair-elect of the university staff advisory committee.
- All members shall be current university senators during their first year of their term but may continue to serve after their senate term concludes.
- Be the senate's committee on committees: the steering committee shall have the power to call, by vote of nine of its members, a special meeting of the senate, and shall have such power and duties as the senate may delegate to it during periods when the senate is not in session. It may create subcommittees and may delegate to them any of its powers, functions, and duties.
- Review the structure, operation, and effectiveness of the senate and its committees. It shall receive suggestions, review proposed rule changes, and initiate recommendations for change in the structure and operation of the senate, including structure, duties, and responsibilities of senate committees, without, however, in any way restricting the senate's authority to alter its operations by other means. The steering committee may also review other proposed rule changes prior to presentation to the senate.
- Serve as a channel of communication between the senate and the president and the board of trustees. Members shall be an advisory group available to both the president and the board of trustees for advice and counsel on any matter relating to the operation and development of the university. Tthe members of the steering committee may request and obtain a meeting with the board of trustees.
- Meet at least once every year with the chair of each standing committee that does not report to senate through faculty council.
- For the period of time beginning with the election of steering committee members in spring semester and ending with the start of the autumn semester, the steering committee shall include its newly elected members as non-voting members.
- The committee shall annually elect a chair from its faculty membership.
- As an standing committee of the senate, it is also governed by the provisions of rule 3335-5-46 of the Administrative Code.
(Board approval dates: 5/1/1986, 7/11/1986, 2/5/1988, 4/7/1989, 11/2/1990, 11/4/1994, 5/3/1996, 4/4/1997, 12/4/1998, 6/7/2005, 5/14/2010, 6/7/2013, 6/5/2015, 5/31/2019, 5/19/2022)