3335-5-48.19 Committee on Intellectual Property, Patents, and Copyrights
The committee on Intellectual Property, Patents, and Copyrights shall consist of eleven members.
(1) Eight faculty members: four tenured faculty, two probationary tenure-track faculty, and two non-tenure track
faculty from any of the categories. Each member is to serve 3 years with 1/3 of the members rotating off each
(a) Five faculty members appointed by the executive committee of faculty council.
(b) Three faculty members appointed by the university president in consultation with faculty
(2) One graduate student.
(3) Two administrators (or their designees).
(a) The vice president for technology commercialization.
(b) The vice president for research.
(B) Duties and responsibilities.
(1) review, recommend, and advise the university senate on matters relating to the university policy on
intellectual property, patents and copyright and faculty rules 3335-13-06 and 3335-13-07 ;
(2) convene at least twice per year to review the procedures used in implementing and administering the
university policy on intellectual property, patents and copyrights, and where deemed necessary, develop
and recommend changes in standards and procedures to the vice president for technology
commercialization, the vice president for research, the executive vice president and Provost, and other
appropriate officers of the University;
(3) consult with the vice president for technology commercialization, the vice president for research
(4) serve as a board to which a researcher may appeal actions of the vice president for technology
commercialization, subject to appropriate review of the standards and procedures contained in the policy
on patents and copyrights.
(1) The chair shall be elected from among the continuing faculty members of the committee each
(2) As a standing committee of the senate, this council is also governed by the provisions of rules 3335-
5-46 and 3335-5-48 of the Administrative Code.