3335-5-48.16 Diversity committee.
The diversity committee shall consist of sixteen members.
(1) Eight regular tenure-track faculty.
(a) Six regular tenure-track faculty selected by the faculty council.
(b) Two regular tenure-track faculty appointed by the president.
(2) Three staff members.
(a) Two staff members selected by the university staff advisory council. The term of service is three years.
(b) One staff member appointed by the president. The term of service is three years.
(3) Three students.
(a) One graduate student.
(b) One professional student.
(c) One undergraduate student.
(4) Two administrators, non-voting.
(a) The executive vice president and provost, or designee.
(b) The associate vice president for human resources, or designee.
(B) Duties and responsibilities.
The committee shall study issues that relate to the implementation of the university nondiscriminatory policy. It shall recommend policies that foster an environment of civility, tolerance, and mutual respect. It shall perform the following functions with appropriate administrative support from the office of academic affairs and the office of human resources.
(1) Study and evaluate issues affecting diversity from an overall university perspective.
(2) Be informed on external requirements on the university affecting diversity.
(3) Advise the president, the executive vice president and provost, the associate vice president for human resources, and the vice president for student life about the institutional climate, policies, and priorities for ensuring justice, fairness, and equitable treatment to all members of the university.
(4) Educate and inform the university community on issues of diversity, including the letter and spirit of all Ohio and federal rules regarding members of protected classes.
(5) Oversee administration of university affirmative action grants and awards.
(6) Report annually to the university senate.
(1) The committee shall elect a chair from among its voting members.
(2) As a standing committee of the senate, this committee is also governed by the provisions of rules 3335-5-46 and 3335-5-48 of the Administrative Code.